NEW REVIEW: The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley

Thursday, March 31, 2016













It was whispered all through London Society that Ian Mackenzie was mad, that he'd spent his youth in an asylum, and was not to be trusted -- especially with a lady.
Yet Beth found herself inexorably drawn to the Scottish lord. Despite his decadence and his intimidating intelligence, she could see that he needed help- her help.
Because suddenly the only thing that made sense to her was...the Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie. 






"What was it like?"
His words were so low and she barely caught them.
"Explain to me what loving feels like, Beth.
I want to understand."




I'm done. Finished. I can't possibly read any other book that's going to beat this. I'm about to blaspheme so brace. This book was better than Again The Magic by Lisa Kleypas and The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh! Those are two of my top favourite reads this year! Impossible? No. Truth. This book was recommended to me about 2 years ago when I was looking for romance with broody, possessive heroes, and let me tell you this was it and so much more. Lord Ian Mackenzie will now become benchmark for all alpha heroes to come. I guess Ian has what we now call Asperger's Syndrome, Jennifer Ashley gives us a glimpse on what someone like Ian would have gone through in the 1800's. I loved how Beth was so understanding of his mannerism, and how she loved him even more because of it. And even though she was as clueless as everyone else when it came to his condition, she wanted to learn so she could help him.



Lord Ian Mackenzie, the craziest of the Mackenzie brothers, he was even sent to an asylum when he was just a boy because of him. How do I tell you about this beautiful, intelligent, guileless and unique man, how do I do him justice?! You know that feeling you get when you're 10% into a book and you realise...this is it. I'm about to read the best book ever! That was me while reading this book.

"I am trying to learn bawdy talk," she said.
"Am I doing well?"
"Yes." He grated the word. Ian tilted her face up to his and gave her a long deep-tongued kiss.
"Will you whisper bawdy talk to me?" she asked. 
"I seem to like it."



Honestly if you've never read Historical Romance before but want to see if it's your cuppa then I would definitely recommend this book as your first. It's wildly romantic, caters to the alpha male lover and it is just plain unputdownable!

"I never understood before. It's like fear and hope, both warm and cold. All mixed together."

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    Asperger syndrome

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts