New short review: The moon shines red by Pamela Sparkman

Friday, May 05, 2017
The red glow of the moon washed over land and sea like a faded bloody stain. Everything was bathed in it, including him. A constant reminder of the curse that marked him before he was born. Every night he gazed at it like he was lured and haunted by it. It followed him, it beseeched him. It called out to him. Just once he wanted to see the moon glow as everyone else saw it. Bright and illuminating. But he knew that would never be possible.

The all too familiar feeling of despair suffocated him, like long gangly fingers squeezing his neck, cutting off his air. He fell to his knees and begged for the sky to fall on him. He had suffered long and tirelessly and he was desperate for it to end. And yet, he fought to breathe. He fought to stand back on his feet. Because fighting back was as instinctual to him as breathing. He had come too far to let his loneliness and despair get the best of him now. He was battle worn and weary, but he still had a reason to live.
Or so he hoped.
He stood back on his feet and he fought against the doom that hovered over him since the day he was born and he stared up into the darkened sky.
At the moon that shines red only for him.
He was cursed.
I should have stayed away from him. But I couldn't.
HE was my love...my life. And he just might kill me.
So I guess that means...he may also be my end.







I was so excited to start this book from the moment I read the synopsis and see Christie's amazing teasers I knew this book was for me!I really enjoyed The Moon Shines Red!I love the set up,the story is brilliant and the characters enjoyable!Lachlan stole my heart!I haven't read this author before, but I'm sure I'm going to read more books from her in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts